The institution is supporting foreign applicants who wants to study in Portugal to apply for University of Coimbra Scholarships for International students 2024. Over 100 Countries worldwide are welcome to apply while the university helps with the living condition and experience to help successful candidate be able to achieve their study goals.
Scholarships is available for Undergraduate (Baccalaureate), Integrated Master and PhD programmes in most fields of study. These financial support will help students to be able to cater for their needs while they worry less about funding their tuition fee and other expenses. Scholarship amount varies depending on the terms of scholarship by faulty at University of Coimbra (UC), Scholarship renewal is based on academic performance as students who won these scholarships are expected to maintain a minimum GPA.
The University over the years is looking for Academically excellent students who want to continue their education in one of the finest country in Europe. The prestigious university also offer Free Online courses (non-degree online courses) that resonate with their field of study. Apply Nazarbayev University School of Medicine Scholarship 2024 (Nursing)
Table of Contents
About University of Coimbra, Portugal
The University of Coimbra is an indisputable reference in higher education and research in Portugal, due to the quality of the courses taught at its eight Faculties and to the advances achieved in pure and applied research in various areas of knowledge, in Portugal and in the world. This University is not only a true icon of Portuguese culture in the world, but it also pursues a policy of constant improvement in various fields, which allow it to reassert the high quality of research and teaching, as well as an active role in the development of businesses and industry. (Source)
Host: University of Coimbra
Type: Partially / Fully Funded
Level: Bachelor / Masters / PhD
Award taken in: Portugal
No of Awards: Unspecified
Gender: Male and Female
Target: International students
Eligibility Requirements for University of Coimbra Scholarships for International students 2024
The criteria for University of Coimbra Admission for 2024-2025 Academic Session are as follows;
- All Countries International Students are Eligible
- A minimum application grade of 16 marks (equivalent to 160 points) on the Portuguese grading scale.
- Applicants must have an unconditional Offer of admission to be able to obtain either undergraduate, graduate or Merit-based scholarship.
- Applicants are not students of the University of Coimbra through a programme of international mobility under exchange agreements.
- See other Programme requirements
University of Coimbra Courses in English
- Civil Engineering
- Ambient Engineering
- Physical Engineering
- Medical Chemistry
- Bioanalytical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Integrated Master)
- Biomedical Pharmacy
- Information Sciences
- Classic Studies
- Tourism, Territory and Patrimony
- Sports Sciences
- ALA: Architecture, Landscape, Archaeology
- IMAE – International Master in Applied Ecology
- TRIBOS: Joint European Master in Tribology of Surfaces and Interfaces
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Energy for Sustainability
- WOP-P: Work, Organisational and Personnel Psychology
- Waves: Acoustics Vibrations Engineering Sound
- Economics, Financial Economics (with Tomsk University)
- Economics, Financial Economics (with Khabarovsk University)
- Experimental Biology and Biomedicine
- Health Sciences: Ageing and Chronic Disease
- Human Rights in Contemporary Societies
- Information Science and Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- International Relations –
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Review other Courses
List of University of Coimbra Scholarships and their Financial Benefits
Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate Programmes: These Scholarships will be granted to the International Students with the best grades in each Faculty, according to the established quota. The total quota of Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate Programmes is 200. If the student´s admission score is equal to or above 160 points, the amount of the scholarship received will range between 1000 EUR and 2000 EUR.
Strategic Support Scholarship for Undergraduate Programmes:
For some programmes (defined every year) the University of Coimbra will grant a scholarship of 2000 EUR in the first year of the programme to students who applied to and were admitted in relevant study areas in terms of employment and qualified training.
Extraordinary Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate Programmes: The University of Coimbra will exempt highly merited students whose admission grade is equal to or above 180 points (not rounded off) and who prove to lack financial means to proceed their studies on the whole amount of the tuition fee.
PASEP – Social Support Programmes: PASEP aims to support underprivileged students by the following means: providing meal vouchers for SASUC (Social Action Services of University of Coimbra) catering services; partial exemption of the accommodation costs at SASUC student residences, or partial exemption of tuition fee of the programmes in which the student is registered.
Best Doctorate Thesis: The Best Doctoral Thesis Prize targets national, national equivalent or international PhD holders at UC, whose scientific output during the course of the programme stands out by recognizing the quality of the Doctorate Thesis. This is an annual Prize consisting of the public granting of the Scientific Merit Medal and the Diploma of Best Doctorate Thesis at UC defended in the previous civil year, in a certain scientific area or interdisciplinary field.
- A valid passport
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency
- Educational certificates
- Transcript of Records of previous education
- Medical certificate
- Online Application form
- Letter of Recommendation for PhD
How to Apply
To submit an application for University of Coimbra Scholarships for International students 2024, applicants Should;
- Submit an Application https://inforestudante.uc.pt/nonio/security/init.do?args=bbe6a117477cb7960767800375813750 (this link will open in a new page called “InforEstud@nte – UC”. Please note that you have to create an account in this page before you enter the application tool)
- Upload all documents and at the end of the application process, you’ll be asked to pay the application fee.
1st Application Call is 13-12-2023 to 29-02-2024 while 2nd call starts from 8-03-2024 to 07-05-2024 (See other calls)
- Bridgeport University Scholarships in USA 2024/2025 (Fully Funded)
- Dalhousie university scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023
- Southern Denmark University Danish Government Scholarships 2024-25
- Hof University Scholarships in Germany for International Students 2024
- Fully Funded Otago University Scholarships for International Students 2024