International students are welcome to study in Canada as this scholarship gives post secondary Institutions from Eligible Home/countries to apply for the scholarship program. Applicants Interested in any of the Canadian universities can apply for a Study in Canada Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023.
What is refer to as “Post Secondary Institution” is Study after the completion of high school, Do not be Confuse by these terms as its means tertiary Education in Canada. To Apply for this Scholarship is not directly as Applicant will only have to submit their application via a Post secondary institutions (Canadian Institutions) of their choice while the Said institution will then forward the Applications forms to the Organizing body and Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD.
Applicants can study in any of these post Canadian Institutions be at Colleges, universities or trade and vocational School located in Canada. The Scholarship Program is mitigated by the Initiative of institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between post Secondary institutions in Canada and the eligible countries. Check out courses to study in Canada in 2022
However the Study in Canada Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023 is for all levels of Program as this exchange program replaces the full-degree-based Study in Canada Scholarships program. The Scholarship covers College, undergraduate and graduate programs.
This Scholarship is on short-term exchanges for study or research which is inline with the objectives of Canada’s International Education Strategy (CIES) while applicants undergoes their programs to study in Canada.
Host: Canadian post-secondary institutions
Type: Full Funded
No of Scholarships: 50
Programs: Bachelor / Masters / PhD
Nationality: (See list of Countries Below)
The List of Countries who are eligible to apply for Study in Canada Scholarship as indicated by the Scholarship program as as Follows
Table of Contents
Eligible countries for fully funded Study in Canada scholarship for international students 2022-2023
- citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
If you are from the Countries above, you can Apply for scholarship in Canada for under the Post Secondary institution Scholarship program.
Note: Candidate interested in this Scholarship program must comply with the following Rules;
- Applicants must Show interest by making a request to their home institution as the first step.
- Applicants must then proceed to Know if there are institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- Add more information by seeking request from home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution and finally ensure that the met all the requirements to apply for the Post Secondary Institution scholarship.
Eligible Criteria scholarships in Canada for international students 2022-2023
- Applicants must be a Full-time Students in any of the Eligible Countries above (Must have Commence study)
- Applicants must be from the Eligible Countries Mentioned above.
- Applicant Must be responsible for paying tuition from in their respective home Institutions.
- Candidates are Not eligible to apply if;
Having a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
Applicants have been awarded a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada
Enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
NOTE: After being awarded a study on Canada Scholarship for 2022-2023 Academic section, Applicants must;
- Enroll in full-time studies or research
- Applicants must take their award by arriving between August 1, 2022 but no later than February 1, 2023 as this can leads to cancellation of the Scholarship after the stipulated period.
- Avoid clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient-care;
- Only base on full-time studies or research
- Applicants must return to their home institutions after the scholarship period to complete their studies.
This scholarship is a student exchange program replaces the full-degree-based Study in Canada and your Home Institution where you have Commence your Post Secondary Institution must be in collaboration with the Canadian post secondary Institution to Apply for this scholarships.
The scholarship duration for a fully funded scholarships for undergraduate and graduate for international students is between four to Six months (Must Return to your Country after the short exchange Program)
Scholarship Financial Coverage
Below is the financial coverage for the duration of the scholarship as all Expenses will be Covered
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
The scholarships covers the Following
- Air-cost with economical route
- health insurance coverage
- Full Living Expenses e.g Accommodation, utilities e.t.c
- Local transportation
- Expenses Covers for books and supplies
- Letter of intent from the candidate.
- Letter of proof of full-time enrolment from the home institution.
- Privacy Notice Statement.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Letter of support from the home institution.
- Graduate students only – Letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor.
- Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Agreement with the partner institution.
How to Apply
Direct Application by Candidate are NOT ALLOWED as Only Canadian institutions can submit applications on behalf of candidates and there are guidelines these Canadian institutions must follow.
NOTE: Visit this Official Scholarship Website Here to know More
Application Closing Date
Study in Canada Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023 closing date is 22nd march 2022 and it is mandatory as Canadian institutions should establish an earlier deadline with candidates and their home institutions to ensure timely receipt of supporting documents.
- Ryerson University scholarships for international students 2022
- Manulife life Lessons Scholarship for 2022 Application Online
- Azerbaijan Universities Government Scholarship 2022 | fully funded
- Fully Funded PhD Studentship University of Sussex 2022-2023
- Fully Funded Nazarbayev University Scholarship 2022-2023