Think of studying abroad on a fully funded scholarship? If yes, then you should consider the Yokohama National University Scholarship 2023-2024. Japan is reputed for it’s high quality education standard, and its ranked 7th in the world county ranking for best education system.
Over 200, 000 international students are currently in Japan from over 150 countries. There is freedom of religion practice and freedom of expression of culture in Japan. Students worldwide can now apply for the Yokohama National University Scholarship in Japan 2023, as applications are now fully open. Check out ANSO Scholarship in China for International Students 2023-2024
The scholarship duration is two (2) years for Master’s students and three (3) years for doctoral students. Applicants do not require prior knowledge of the Japanese language or IELTS/TOEFL. Applicants who have previously completed education in an institution that taught in English can submit an English Proficiency Certificate from their institution and be exempted from the language test. You may Like University of Strathclyde Scholarships for International Students 2023
About the Yokohama National University Scholarship 2023-2024
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) sponsors the MEXT Scholarship for students. Each year, the Japanese Government offers its MEXT scholarship to international students from far and wide to study for their Master’s degree and Ph.D. degree fully funded by the government.
One of the aims of the scholarship is to promote international cultural exchange in Japanese Universities. It is fully funded and a great opportunity for international students to study at one of the best Research Universities in Japan – The Yokohama National University.
Host: MEXT Scholarship Japan
Study Level: Masters / Doctoral
Type: Fully Funded
Award taken in: Japan
No of Scholarships: N/A
Gender: Males & Females
Target: International Students
Eligibility Requirements for Yokohama National University Scholarship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
To qualify for the Yokohama National University Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be 34 years old or younger.
- Must have the nationality of a country with a good relationship with Japan.
- Must be able to arrive in Japan before the semester begins.
Eligibility Requirements For Masters Students
- Applicants applying for Master’s must:
- Possess at least a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Possess exceptional academic records in undergraduate studies.
- Possess proof of proficiency in the English Language.
- Possess good mental and physical health.
Eligibility Requirements For Doctoral Students
- Applicants applying for a doctoral degree must:
- Possess at least a four-year bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree.
- Possess exceptional academic records in undergraduate studies and possess excellent research potential.
- Proof of proficiency in the English Language.
- Possess good mental and physical health.
Benefits of the Yokohama National University Scholarship 2024
The Yokohama National
Table of Contents
- Round airline ticket (Economy class)
- No tuition fee – All fees, including entrance examination and full tuition, will be paid by the MEXT scholarship board.
- Accommodation: The housing needs of all beneficiaries will be sponsored by the MEXT Scholarship board.
- Preparatory education and non-regular students are entitled to 143,000 Yen monthly.
- Master degree beneficiaries are entitled to a stipend of 145,000 Yen monthly.
- Ph.D. degree beneficiaries are entitled to a monthly stipend of 145,000 Yen.
- Medical Allowance.
- Copies of your past publications
- Copy of your passport (if Available)
- English proficiency test score (Not Mandatory)
- Health report in English
- Two signed recommendation letters
- copy of the intending applicant’s master’s thesis in English
- Research Outline
- Original Degree Certificate
To apply for the Yokohama National University Scholarship 2023-2024, Follow the Procedures Below;
- visit the application page and create your account.
- Complete the application form and provide all required information and documents in the online application portal.
- Documents required when applying for the Yokohama National University Scholarship include the following:
A well completed application form.
Official bachelor’s or master’s transcripts, where applicable.
A comprehensive research plan, where applicable.
Confidential recommendation letters (two).
Proof of proficiency in English Language.
- Selected candidates who meet the criteria will be invited to the Japanese Embassy in their country of residence for examination, this examination is usually a written exam, documentary exams and interviews. Those who meet the cut off marks will be called back to the Embassy for further interviews.
The deadline for applying to the Yokohama National University Scholarship 2024 is the 18th of December, 2023. The application for the Yokohama National University Scholarship is currently on and will be active until December 2023. Interested applicants that meet the criteria can apply via the application link provided and get more information from here.
Official Website References:
- Okinawa institute of Science and Technology OIST Japan scholarship 2024
- Osaka University in Japan Scholarship for international students 2023-2024
- Australian National University Scholarship for International Students 2024
- Kochi University of Technology PhD Scholarships in Japan 2023-2024
- Ghent University PhD Scholarship for International Students in Belgium 2023
- Émile Boutmy Scholarship For International Students in France 2024