Call for application for IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Ireland For International students who wants to study in the Irish Scripts as the Department of History, School of Histories and Humanities, opens application for PhD Prospective Students to join Dr Nicole Volmering on her SFI-IRC Pathway Programme project ‘Early Irish Hands’.
The SFI-IRC Pathway Programme project ‘Early Irish Hands: The Development of Writing in Early Ireland’ will commence from September 2022 as the scholarship will be taken in Ireland at the Trinity College Dublin. Only prospective Masters Degree Holder in Related Field will be accepted to work on the Project with Dr Nicole Volmering while it is expected that interested international students must have a Command And Be Fluent in English Language or Latin.
According to Study portal, trinity College Dublin is an international recognized college in the world and also 0ne of the best college in Ireland. The college was established in the Year 1592 which signifies one of the oldest colleges in Ireland. Check Out 100 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Science and Engineering for International students 2022
Trinity College Dublin is also a research institute which have about five research branches cut across the Institution, Centre for Research on Adaptive Nanostructures and Nanodevices (CRANN) is one of the research institute while others include Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute (TBSI), Trinity Long Room Hub (TLRH), Institute for International Integration Studies (IIIS) and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience (TCIN).
According to QS World university Ranking, it’s takes the Position of 101th in the world a Shift up the Ladder from 108th position in the year 2020. Get to apply for a IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Ireland For International students.
Table of Contents
Host: Trinity College Dublin Department of history.
No of Scholarships: Unspecified
Level: PhD Scholarship
Type: Fully Funded
Nationalities: Ireland and International Students
What is Expected of Applicants for IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship
Successful Applicants will be Actively participating by working on a 3 Strands of the Project SFI-IRC Pathway Programme project ‘Early Irish Hands: The Development of Writing in Early Ireland’.
3 Strands of the Project
- A case study of the use of Irish script on the continent based on a group of manuscripts from Reichenau.
- The aim of this Strand
- Types of variation in script and writing techniques in the manuscripts selected.
Duration of Scholarships
Successful PhD Applicants for the Project will be enrolled in a 4-year PhD Programme in the Department of History.
Financial Coverage of IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Ireland For International students
The Following are the benefits of engaging in the Project with Dr Nicole Volmering on SFI-IRC Pathway Programme project ‘Early Irish Hands: The Development of Writing in Early Ireland’
- A fee of about €5,750 contribution towards tuition.
- Travel budget will be Covered by Trinity College Dublin (TCD).
- €18,500 annually will be Provided to candidate for this project.
- A Master’s degree / diploma (awarded or pending) or international equivalent
(German Staatsexamen, etc.) in a relevant academic area (relevant areas include but
are not limited to: Classics, Early Irish, Medieval Studies, History, Manuscript
Studies, Digital Humanities, Celtic Studies)
- Applicants Must Show a solid knowledge of Latin
- Command of English Inline with the general requirement
- Engagement with manuscript studies
- Experience with medieval (Latin and/or insular) palaeography
- Experience with Digital Humanities
- Reading knowledge of German.
The following Documents are required for Applicants to apply for the PhD scholarship at Trinity College Dublin (TCD);
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Transcripts for applicant’s Diploma, Bachelor and master’s Degree
- A Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree Certificates from Previous Levels (Bachelor/master)
- A writing sample (an academic essay, an article, a chapter from a dissertation, or the
NOTE: There will be follow up online interview by June as Applicants will be Notified of the nature of their Application in July.
How To Apply
Applicants are expected to send their send their documents in a single PDF file to Dr Nicole Volmering ([email protected]) AND to Eilís Dunne ([email protected]). Applications will not be considered complete until referees have submitted their references.
It is Expected that applicants are to meet the International English language Test Score to be Eligible for the Fully funded IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Ireland For International students
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- CEFR Level C1 or C2 – Grade C or Better
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- PTE – 63
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- Duolingo – 110
Applications have to be submitted by following the link for Doctor in Philosophy, History (Full Time – 4 years) under September 2022 entry here.
The Closing Date for the IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Trinity College Dublin for International students to study in Ireland is 6th June 2022. All Applicants are expected to have submit their Application to the Appropriate bodies before the Application closing date.
We Wish all interested applicant for IRC-SFI Pathway PhD Scholarship in Ireland For International students Good luck as you can contact the department of Histories in Trinity College Dublin using the following Medium;
Head of School: Dr. Christine Morris
Director of Teaching & Learning (Postgraduate): Dr. Isabella Jackson
Email: [email protected]
- 100 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Research for International students 2022
- Fully Funded PhD Programs in Europe & USA 2022 – 2023
- KAIST University Scholarship 2022 in South Korea Fully Funded
- United Arab Emirates University Scholarship UAE 2022 | Fully Funded