There are alot of Scholarships opportunities that you can apply if you are hunting for Scholarships Abroad. Bachelor’s Degree (B.sc) Master’s (Msc) and PhD degree in Some part world are Considering international students who wish to continue their Studies and achieving a desired Career Goals. Amsterdam Merit Scholarship Application is now Open for International students outside the EU (European union) and EEA (European Economic Areas) territories.
The Netherlands through its Scholarships programs and the university of Amsterdam have offered Scholarships to International Students to get Scholarship Awards which ranges in Amount. These Scholarships Awards depends on the Course of Study. While some Courses Can Amount to €5000 funding, others can be less ranging from €2000 – 25000.
The purpose of main derivative for Awarding these Scholarships is to attract best students around the world into a four wall corner of a class, instilling the best of knowledge to them while making them to perform better at the Master’s Level. This Scholarship Awards are only meant for Outperforming and outstanding students outside the EU/EEA territories, Interested in Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS)? Get more insight and details of the Scholarship program and how to Apply.
Table of Contents
- Country: Netherlands
- Host: University of Amsterdam
- Type: Funded / Fully Funded
- Study Level: Masters
- No of Awards: Unspecified
- Award Taken in: Netherlands
- Gender: Males and Females
- Target: International students (Except EU/EEA Citizens)
You might be Want to check some of the List of European Union (EU) And European Economic Areas (EEA) Countries who are not eligible for Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
- Republic of Cyprus
- Czech Republic
The European Economic Area (EEA)
The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. It allows them to be part of the EU’s single market.
Switzerland is not an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market. This means Swiss nationals have the same rights to live and work in the UK as other EEA nationals. [Source:Gov.uk]
- Application form for Transform Together Scholarship 2021 To Study in UK
Turkey Burslari Scholarships Fully Funded in 2022 – 2023
- CCU Scholarship Contest by Way-fm | Colorado Christian University
- Coca Cola Scholarships 2021 – 2022 Application form for High School Seniors
Eligibility Requirements for Amsterdam Merit scholarship
These are the mandatory requirements for Candidate who wants to Apply for Amsterdam Merit scholarship (AMS) to receive Scholarships Awards and Stand a Chance for a Master’s degree in the Netherlands;
- Be Admitted at the English taught LLA programme at Amsterdam law School
- Must comply with Dutch visa Regulation as outline by Dutch immigration service.
- Scholarship funding is not guaranteed if Candidate changes Scholarship Programme.
- Have no EU/EEA passport in it jurisdiction and not under Dutch system for any kind of Aid or Support. Visit (Doc.nl) for more details.
- Must enroll at the university as a full-time student for the programme which the scholarship is awarded.
- Must seeks his/her master’s degree at the university as Reapplying for the Second Master’s degree under Same category will not be considered when Applying Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Amsterdam Merit scholarship Criteria Selections
- Minimum GPA of 3.7 (U.S.A)
- Must obtain either first class or upper division honors
- Cum laude or 8+ (This is Dutch system Thesis/10 point scale)
- Letter of motivation (500 words) which should explain why candidate choose such Master’s Programme specific Course.
- Two letters of Recommendation by either Teacher, Dean or Academic Supervisor.
Academic fields/Majors | Amsterdam Merit scholarships 2023
Proficiency in English for Amsterdam Merit scholarship
- TOEFL requires minimum of 100 iBT and also a minimum of 24 for subscores for reading and writing.
- IELTS requires the minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 for each subscores
- Cambridge English Language Assessment requires a minimum grade of C1 Advanced with a minimum of 190 scores.
Note: The test results required may not be more than two years to deem fit valid for the Application process.
Others who are Exempted from TOEFL/IELTS are as follows:
- Candidate who obtain a Bachelor’s diploma from Dutch Research university.
- Must have Completed English language Study Programme.
- Candidates with international or European Baccalaureate diploma.
If you receive a prior education in any of these countries as follows;
- New Zealand
- United States
- United kingdom
How To Apply Amsterdam Merit scholarship (AMS) 2023
- The Application is via a form which is to be completed before the Deadline date
- Ensure you select the Specific Scholarship Award program (Amsterdam Merit scholarship)
- Upload these Documents when Applying for the Scholarship Programme;
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Two Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Motivation (Maximum 500 words)
- Transcript (See Criterion Above)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Apply with this Link
Deadline varies depending on Courses and Faculties 15th January to May 2023.
Official Scholarship Website