In my previous article I wrote an indepth Scholarship breakdown of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) which includes the Eligibility Requirements, selection Criteria, Proficiency in English language Test requirement and How to Apply. Check out Amsterdam Merit Scholarships as compared to Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship to determine which is best fit for you to apply as an international student.
For your master’s degree programme, this Scholarship is one of most top most Scholarship opportunity you can find anywhere as it’s gives you an opportunity to study on a fully funded Scholarship in the university of Amsterdam. Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship considers EU/EEA countries as compared to Amsterdam Merit Scholarships which limit certain countries from participating in the Scholarship Programme, EEA/EU Countries are not exempted in this Scholarship, Reading further let’s take a look at some more Critical and important information about this Scholarship.
While AMS (Amsterdam Merit Scholarship) gives you faculties which the scholarship is applicable to like in the field of psychology Scholarships, social and behavioral science Scholarships, Economic and Business Scholarships while Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund is an LLM (Master of Law) Scholarship. This Scholarship Programme is for postgraduate degree pursue by an undergraduate in law (either Academic or professional law or could also be an undergraduate degree in related course) according to Wikipedia Master of Laws Definition.
Students Applying for this Scholarship must be exceptionally brilliant and have high Academic performance stats in their undergraduate record. As mentioned Above, Students must posses Exceptionally and Credible Record and be Among the Top 10% Of their Class. To learn more about how the name “Jaarsma-Adolfs” Came about, you can visit Trudie Vervoort Jaarsma to learn more.
Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship is Awarded every year which ranges in Amount. For countries Under the European union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) The funding includes; €16,500 for Tuition fees and other Expenses while €8,500 for living Expenses. The scholarship consider also EU/EEA students to benefit €2,100 for tuition fee and €9,900 for Living Expenses.
Furthermore, let’s take a look at some of the Requirements needed to Apply for Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship to study at the university of Amsterdam as application deadline looms.
These are the mandatory requirements for Candidate who wants to Apply for Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund to receive Scholarships Awards and Stand a Chance for a Master’s degree in law in the Amsterdam law school;
- Be Admitted at the English taught LLA programme at Amsterdam law School
- Must comply with Dutch visa Regulation as outline by Dutch immigration service.
- Scholarship funding is not guaranteed if Candidate changes Scholarship Programme.
- Considers Both EU/EEA countries
- Must enroll at the university as a full-time student for the programme which the scholarship is awarded.
- Must seek his/her master’s degree at the university as Reapplying for the Second Master’s degree will not be considered when applying Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship.
Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Criteria Selections
- Minimum GPA of 3.7 (U.S.A)
- Must obtain either first class or upper division honors
- Cum laude or 8+ (This is Dutch system Thesis/10 point scale)
- Students are to tender a formal statement from the dean or examination board of their institution to show he/she is among top 10% with their academic Records.
- Academic quality of the Candidate’s university is taken into full consideration.
- Candidates are not eligible if on the Payroll support by the Dutch Government (Financing Aid)
- Quality of Application is considered.
- Candidates must show Zeal of Participating in extracurricular activities within and outside school activities.
- Letter of motivation (500 words) which should explain why candidate choose such Master’s Programme specific Course.
- Two letters of Recommendation by either Teacher, Dean or Academic Supervisor.
Proficiency in English For scholarship
- TOEFL requires minimum of 100 iBT and also a minimum of 24 for subscores for reading and writing.
- IELTS requires the minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 for each subscores
- Cambridge English Language Assessment requires a minimum grade of C1 Advanced with a minimum of 190 scores.
Note: The test results required may not be more than two years to deem fit valid for the Application process.
Also the Chinese applicants who apply for Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund Scholarship need to submit an IELTS or TOEFL iBT test and request a Nuffic certificate.
Others who are Exempted from TOEFL/IELTS are as follows:
- Candidate who obtain a Bachelor’s diploma from Dutch Research university.
- Must have Completed English language Study Programme.
- Candidates with international or European Baccalaureate diploma.
If you receive a prior education in any of these countries as follows;
- New Zealand
- United States
- United kingdom
- Canada (except Quebec)
How To Apply
- The Application is via a form which is to be completed before the Deadline date
- Ensure you select the Specific Scholarship Award program (Mr Julia Henriette Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund)
- Upload these Documents when Applying for the Scholarship Programme;
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Statement from your Institution dean with a proof of Your Academic Record being among the Top 10% of your Class.
- Two Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Motivation (Maximum 500 words)
- Transcript (See Criterion Above)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including extracurricular activities with a detailed description about these activities.
- Apply with this Link
Applicants should Apply before 15th January 2023.
Contact will be made Across Application by the End of April and beginning of May next year on the decision about the selection committee.
Official Scholarship Website
Contact the University of Amsterdam Law School Here
Orange Knowledge Scholarship 2021 to Study in Netherlands – How To Apply
uk scholarships for indian students in 2021 – 2022
Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 Application Requirements and Courses
Mext Scholarship 2022 – 2023 | Study in Japan Fully Funded
2022-2023 University of Dayton Undergraduate Scholarships to Study in USA
University of Groningen Eric Bleumink Fund Scholarship For International Students 2023